National & International Health Certificates for Traveling Pets

health certificatesObtaining a Health Certificate for your pet can be quite an ordeal, especially when travelling internationally. The veterinarians at Maine Coast Veterinary Hospital are efficient and effective in managing this process for you.

Obtaining a Pet Health Certificate

Many of our clients wish to travel or vacation with their pet family members, and we are here to assist you. The United States has minimal requirements for animals to be exported to other countries. However, there may be certain re-entry requirements when you return to the United States, and/or very strict requirements to enter your destination country. If you are taking your pet out of the United States to another country, whether permanently or for a visit, contact our hospital well in advance of your travel dates.

International health certificates are completed by a USDA Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) accredited veterinarian who certifies health status, conducts tests, and records test results for the individual animals. Completed and signed international health certificates must be endorsed by a Veterinary Services area office in order to be valid. Our veterinarians are able to prepare these documents for traveling with your pet.

Information You Will Need

To prepare for out of country travel with your pet, please assemble the following documents and information for submission to our veterinarians:

Call Maine Coast Veterinary Hospital for guidance, when making plans for international travel with your pet.

Help Online

For more help regarding this subject: