As wellbeing and quality of life deteriorate, there may come a time in pet ownership when you will be faced with difficult decisions such as pet euthanasia. If you feel your pet's quality of life has declined, Maine Coast Veterinary Hospital's compassionate team of veterinarians and support staff are prepared to help and support you. We will make sure that you are fully informed about all possible treatment options.
While companion animal euthanasia is never an easy choice, once your decision is made we will prepare you for what is to come and be with you every step of the way. You can find comfort in knowing that our methods ensure your pet will be serenely and peacefully laid to rest.
Tips for Coping with the Loss of a Pet
- Allow yourself to grieve and cry.
- Talk about your feelings with friends, family, or our sympathetic hospital staff.
- Maintain your normal daily routine.
- Memorialize your lost pet by planting a tree or creating a small photo album filled with happy memories.
- The Rainbow Bridge is an online pet memorial and grief support community for those who have lost their "furry, feathered, or scaled" family members.